The use of a professional reporting framework on the Data Mart is the natural way to create, very easily, reports and analysis with a friendly layout. Thanking to Pentaho Report Designer (http://reporting.pentaho.com) all the developed reports are defined with the goal to export them in several static formats (pdf, Microsoft Excel, csv, etc.) to be uploaded in Alfresco.
A report designed with Pentaho Report Designer is a file with a ‘prpt’ extension that contains all the settings for the creation of a report exportable in several formats. A.A.A.R. reports are developed with Pentaho Report Designer Community Edition v3.9.1 Stable. The use of older version cannot guarantee the provided reports to be compatible but new reports could be developed with older versions if Pentaho Data Integration supports the creation in a transformation.
By default, in A.A.A.R., some relevant examples are provided but the development of new reports with the Pentaho Report Designer, let the developer able to create customized reports over the Data Mart. In this chapter we describe the included reports with more detail.
Remembering that we are using Data Warehousing’s techniques, other Data Marts could be added (not only containing data coming from Alfresco) and the (static) reports could be created and published in Alfresco in the same way. With this technique the A.A.A.R. is able to extend its capabilities also to other business elements becoming more scalable and “enterprise”.
Below all the reports described with more details.
- Report #1 – Last 10 days document and folder creation
- Report #2 – Action details
- Report #3 – Login failed and not failed
- Report #4 – Top ten users and documents in the last 10 days
- Report #5 – Activities grouped by action
- Report #6 – Most active users in the E.C.M.
- Report #7 – Activities in the day hours in the E.C.M.
- Report #8 – Mime types of documents in the E.C.M.
- Report #9 – Repository dimension of the E.C.M.
- Report #10/#11 – Type of documents/folders in the E.C.M.
- Report #12 – Documents per site of the E.C.M. (new!)